Thursday, October 28, 2010

A short update

Namaste!

To all my friends and family, i'm doing really well, but usually too busy to blog.

But here I am!  Blogging away as we speak....

So life here is exciting, to say the least. Another intern and I are teaching at one of the slum schools here twice a week.  The first week has been challenging, considering none of them really don't know English and I am still trying to pick up the basics of the Hindi language, but we'll "make it happen."  After all, love can be hard work sometimes, right?
Three days a week we're still writing the syllabus, which is actually turning out to be more like a book.  But the subject matter (poverty) requires a lot of thinking, both conceptually and practically.  Hopefully the youth pastors and kids who read this will catch on to what we're trying to tell them, and run with it!
Other than that i'm doing various things:  driving around town, visiting the markets, experiencing India!
 Oh! And Sunday i'll be giving my testimony in church!
By the way, my skype name is garrettthebrown if you want to chat.

The bed is calling my name, everyone.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment